Slider

Friday, November 16, 2012

Not Looking Forward to the Weekend & Photo Dump

As the title says, I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I am for next, next weekend, but not this one. This post is going to be a catch up, to catch up on what's been going on with us and I just don't know where to begin. It feels like a week where you took 3 steps forward and are now taking the 2 steps back. 

The last couple {few} months, Jon has been looking for a new job. It's needed, he's been at his current place for 4 years and has got nothing, but a 50 cent raise, even though he is the head of the IT department {him and his assistant}, after many false promises, not to mention they cut his assistant's hours by half, which means more work for Jon and yet they tell him no overtime, he was pretty done. He's been looking and looking and disappointment was setting in after many failed leads. He volunteers for the high school, some after school club, training kids to stop hackers and what not. I don't remember the name, anyway, the main guy who runs the program really likes Jon and he works at a tech company in Orlando. He offered Jon a job making more than what he makes now, plus amazing benefits. At first, he declined because it's an hour drive and he didn't want the commute, but after seeing that there is nothing in our area and it would still be more money, even after gas expenditures, he accepted and interviews and background checks ran. Now come Monday, we were told that they may not be hiring at all. I was told mostly because of the fact that Obama wants the companies to pay more taxes, where as Romney was opposite. The guy that knows Jon said he was really going to push to get Jon hired and talk to his boss and see what could be done, but from what Jon said he made it sound like it wasn't going to happen. What really gets me is the uncertainty  we were so happy he had this job and now nothing. His current job did offer him a salary jump at the beginning of the year, so if nothing else, he will get his well deserved raise and it's only 15 minutes away. 

Because of this program, that Jon volunteers for, he won't really have a weekend. Which means we won't get to see him much. They kids have a competition tomorrow and Jon will be gone to the school for 6+ hours and he's there right now setting it up. Depending on how the kids do though, it may be their only and last one. 

Two weeks ago, I sneezed and pulled something in my neck. That day, I couldn't do anything. My parents took Alexis for me til Jon got home from work. That whole weekend, I iced it and took ibuprofen and laid around {if you know me, I hate laying around for too long}. By Monday, it seemed better, but as the week went on, it didn't get better than that. Last Friday, I finally went to the Chiropractor, they creep me out for some reason, he told me it was a muscle and I either sprained it or whiplash. Whiplash, he said would take about 2 weeks to heal and sprained would take 4 weeks. He also gave me some natural muscle reliever  which worked great and helped me to sleep. Today is the 2 week mark from the sneeze and I ran out of the muscle reliever and it still hurts. I must have sprained it and sleeping is terrible. It's hard to get comfortable. 

I was told to take it easy. How can you take it easy with a 2 year old? A defiant 2 year old at that. I can tell she's stretching her limits and seeing how far she can take me. Last week, it was I am not napping at all. That was rough, for me. Nap time is my break, relax, rest my neck time. This week naps are back, thank goodness, but having selective hearing is in, not holding my hand to cross the street, whining to get my way, not staying on the sidewalk as told, ya know 2 year old things. Then comes discipline, which is one of the hardest parts of being a parent, I think anyway. I'm not against spanking or a slap on the hand, but I am against beating, of course, and there is a difference. I also believe each child is different and what works for one won't work for the other. I have noticed with Alexis that at times spanking does get her attention and she realizes, oh I shouldn't have done that. Then, there are other times where a time out brings the same reaction. No matter what happens or how you discipline your child, you will be judged by others out in public. Which is dumb and I didn't mean for this to be a discipline paragraph, back to what's going on. 

Feelings have been running for me also. Coming up next week, November 25, was my due date, It also happens to be my birthday. I probably would have had a c-section, which means he would have been here around this time. I don't think it would bother me, or I would think about it so much, if I didn't have like 7 friends due around this time. And not only that, but reading through blogs I haven't in a while and they all had another in the past couple months, if not weeks. It's hard seeing them have their babies and mine gone. We have been trying again for the past couple months now, but we aren't officially saying we're trying, just if it happens, it happens. That way there is no stress, if it doesn't happen right away. Although, I have enjoyed getting full nights sleep and sleeping in til 8, 9 am. 

The next week should be good. We are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary next Friday, November 23! My aunt and uncle are coming over, even though they live 2-3 hours away, we see them 2-3 times a year. Why is that? Black Friday shopping may be going down. Four day work week for Jon, Yay! 

Insta-Dump

Here is a dump of instagram photos from the 7-14. If you want to follow me on instagram, my name is JessiGPhotos, come and find me. I love following fellow bloggers also!

1 Wonderful Comments:

  1. You're such an incredible, strong woman. You can do this weekend, I promise! Just look at that perfect little girl you have, even if she seems like a monster at times! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!