Slider

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Memories, Dreams and Reflections of 2010

2010 was a really sad year for me and a really happy year for me. Filled with death and birth. Most of the year I was pregnant and at the hospital, not for me, but for my grandpa. I hope 2011 is filled with more happiness and not losing people I love.

I'm linking up with Memories, Dreams, and Reflections over at Ramblings & Photos by Ashley Sisk. Head over there to read others.




1) Me at my baby shower. Thanks to Robin for all the decorations and planning, it was beautiful!




2) I love you Jon!




3) Still laughing - At my baby shower, Robin made a relay game, where women had to take the baby dolls and give them a bath from poop (peas) was all over them. It was pretty funny seeing these grown women running around.




4) Winter Wonderland - I don't really have a picture for this because it doesn't snow here.




5) Birthday - literally




6) Friends - Girl's Night!




7) My inspiration




8) Spring Fever - We spent all of spring in the hospital with my grandpa. One thing we did get to see was the shuttle take off and this was the smoke trail. It was nice having that memory of seeing that with pawpaw back in May.



we also had family visit from Germany and good food!






9) Travel or Vacation - we weren't able to take any trips this year, which is really unusual. But this was a really unusual year. We did go mini golfing @ 8 months pregnant in the middle of summer. It was hot, but fun.




10) Summer Days - I'd love to say we spent the summer on the beach....



... but I'd be lying. We really spent the summer at the hospital. Pawpaw had come home twice, went back a third time and never made it back home. He would have a good day, then a bad day. He died and they brought him back 20 min later, but after that he was never the same. He was on a breathing machine and we didn't know if he was brain dead. He did for a few days know who we were and breath on his own, but got worse again. We eventually had to call Hospice after him being in the ICU for 2 - 3 weeks. That was the hardest decision the whole family had to make, I never thought I'd ever have to make that decision. It was nice to get to say goodbye though. I still cry about it. Sorry to be a downer, but that was my summer.

This was May 29 in ICU, he passed June 7.




11) A day in my life




12) All Smiles





13) Autumn Harvest - N/A



14) Family - I got to see a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time this past year.








15) Celebrate! - A friend's 30th Anniversary party - 1970's Style




16) Let's do it again! I want to climb the lighthouse again really soon.




17) I miss you! Feb '10 - my grandparents 57th anniversary




18) Beautiful - God's Glory




19) Dress up - 1970s YMCA dance off




20) Macro




21) Holidays - N/A


22) My favorite




23) Don't ever change




24) Just Beacuse...



This is a king cobra. I had never seen one and it came up the glass and spread it's neck and looked at us. It was really intimidating. I was scared even though I knew he couldn't get me lol




25) Hopes & dreams - I hope for a happy, healthy family



Welcome to 2011!

(sorry if something doesn't make sense, I was rushed typing this..)

14 Wonderful Comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Jessi - I know that 2010 was a tough year but a joyful year and I hope that 2011 produces many wonderful memories for you and that all your dreams come true! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful. I love them all especially your just because photo, so simple & beautiful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss but glad to see you have a little one who is such a joy and miracle for you and your husband's lives! I wish you a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These are all so wonderful!!! That birthday picture just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing photos of your new family. :-) 2010 was very difficult for a lot of people. we went to our fare share of funerals here as well, thankfully none were family (this year). loosing a loved one has a strange effect on the soul. comfort & heartbreak all at once. i wish you peace, happiness & healthy through all of 2011 and beyond. I look forward to seeing more of your pics through out the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the loss this year! Praising God for your blessings in 2010!

    Love the macro and shot of your dog. We have a maltese too :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill
    http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is just too cute. I'm sorry about your Pawpaw passing. I'm sure that was very hard. Best to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable shots! Sorry to hear about loosing your Grandpa. But thankfully you were able to spend some time with him before he left this planet.

    I love your beautiful shot, your macro shot - both awesome colors and great timing!

    Keep enjoying your new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son was born this year too. 2010 was awesome:) At my baby shower we had the melted candy bars in diapers game, reminded me of your baby covered in "poop" game! :) You have a beautiful family, your daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved looking at your 2010 through this...Beautiful shots! Your "all smiles" is totally perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots--Love what you have done with your blog! Hope 2011 brings wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your collection. It feels so "real" so I know it is heartfelt. So sorry about your summer loss. How sad. But I too see so much joy with your little one. My faves...your selfie, beautiful, and day in your life. Happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's to wishing you a happy and healthy 2011! I love your Smiles and Favorite shots. All the best, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Jazzy :) Lots of emotions this past year and you embraced them all with beauty and grace. love you much
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!