Slider

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pregnant with Child #2!

I've been absent. I've been busy and blogging has had to take a backseat to my life. Hopefully, I'm going to find the time more often because I do miss it. The post title says it all. Here's what's going on and I wish it was as easy as Alexis's pregnancy. 

We decided to start trying March 11. Got my light positive March 30. It was a Friday and I tested that morning before Jon was awake. I kept it a secret because I wanted to surprise him. We share a car, so I took him to work and then went to kohl's to find Alexis a big sister shirt. And I had to hang out all day at home, waiting on a package to sign for. Later that day, Jon needed a ride and my mom picked him and brought him home for me, since I couldn't leave. I had Alexis wear the shirt and my mom noticed right away. Are you pregnant? I'm like yep and Jon still had no clue what was going on. He finally realized and his eyes got huge and he was happy. 


Fast forward some, I haven't really had many symptoms. I've been extremely tired, bloated, craving spicy food, and hungry all the time. I had my first appt, April 10. There wasn't much they could do really. By my last period, they calculated I was about 8 weeks along. I know that's off because my last period was middle of February. Anyway, some reason I was super nervous at the appt. 

-For those who need a warning- TMI Warning- Read on at own risk-

Fast forward to Monday night, the 16th, I start spotting light pink after some "fun". Which I had with Alexis, and didn't really think about it. The next day was still spotting when I wiped and then three bright red streaks in some mucus. I freaked. Called the dr right away. They sent me in for blood work, but really thought it was nothing and just was caused from sex. I was sent for blood work to check the HCG levels Wednesday and Friday. Thursday, I had vacuumed the whole house. Not thinking anything of it. I went to the bathroom and the toilet was filled with blood and I had a clot when I wiped. Again, I freaked, called the dr again. They said my levels for Wednesday were 1809. She would have liked to see them higher. Here's my thing tho, they think I'm 8-9 weeks along, which by then the levels are supposed to be higher. I think I'm only 5 weeks and some days and today I turned 6 weeks. That HCG number would put me right where I think I am. 
Friday I go in for the blood work and they won't get this back til Monday! Let me tell ya, it's been one freakin long weekend. I've been trying to keep busy, but one day I'm nervous and upset and the next day I'm ok. I just hate the not knowing what's going on. I've been spotting all weekend. Some pink, some brown, some red {after lifting things, which I've stopped doing and haven't picked up Alexis since Friday. Which is so hard not to do} and sometimes it stops. I've had no cramping and when I've noticed some pain- it's turned into gas. 
I've tried to convince myself that I'm having a miscarriage, just so it won't be a shock if my levels go down. If my levels double, then I'll go in for an ultrasound tomorrow. I just want to know, so I can move on. I don't know what I'll do if everything turns out ok. I've had a lot of positive stories about spotting and the baby is fine and end up delivering just fine. I will update you when I know what's going on. 

4 Wonderful Comments:

  1. I got so nervous for you as I read your post - I'm sending loads of positive thoughts and vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! I hope your little one is just fine and that there are no complications with your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's a lot Jess - I'll be praying for you. I bet you're right though - you know what your cycle is like and I'm going to guess you're not as far along as they think you are. Good luck and I'll waiting to hear how everything goes, take care mama!!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!