Slider

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 2 - A Favorite Movie

This one I had to really think about. I'm not big on movies. I like them, but I don't care if I miss them.

I love Pride & Prejudice. Based on Jane Austen's book from 1813.

Not the newest one with Keira Knightly.



Not the oldest 1940 version.



I love the second one that was made.



It's the elegance and properness (is that a word) of that era. I can't think of the word I'm trying to say. Old charm, maybe? The time when women were ladies and men were men. Different classes didn't mingle and estates had names. The love story and wittyness of the main characters, Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy. The pride that they can't seem to let go of.

I'm glad I didn't live then. Wearing dresses all the time, no way. I like jeans to much. It's nice to see how things were and how much ways have changed in a short time.

Great Story, Good Movie.

*All pictures are from Google*

0 Wonderful Comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments!