Slider

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Interpretation


Art is all about interpretation. How I interpret art, may not be what another person likes. How they interpret art, may not be what I like. That's what makes art. All interpretations are different. This came to mind because of photo editing. I would look at how some people edit photos and I'm blown away. They are beautiful and I'm always thinking how did they do that. Granted I'm still learning, but do we every stop learning? When I edit, I'm always thinking about what someone else will think of my photo. Now, I had an 'aha!' moment. What if I edited my photos to my taste and if some people don't like it, then they don't. It may not be as gorgeous as some, but it's gorgeous to me. When the passion and confidence come through in a photo, it becomes more than a photo. What it comes down to is, we are our own worst critic.

What do you see when your behind the camera?

4 Wonderful Comments:

  1. Ya know - this is interesting. When you find yourself editing for others, you'll get frustrated. I find that when I edit for me, that I'm always pleased with my work. Who cares if no one else likes what I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. This is very true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true and a good reminder for a beginner photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I take photos, Jessica, I want to cath the moment of the most reality I can.In fact, I dont edit my photos, normally, and if I do, I dont care if the people like or not.
    Art is something like INDIVIDUAL FEELING.
    but, of course...when we show to the people, we have an idea about what they like or not.
    For example..3 months ago, I started to select my photos to an exhibition. All my family said to me: NO, THIS IS NOT GOOD..THIS IS GOOD.

    But my feeling said totally different and when the pople started to see my photos and to buy it, my husband said to me: YES, GRACE...U WERE RIGHT...

    So...let me say u one thing: BELIEVE OF YOU AND TRY TO CONVINCE THE PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR DREAMS.
    graceolsson.com/blog
    Good luck to u and your baby

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments!